Welcome to Oklahoma’s International Bluegrass Festival! Scroll down to find links and information to help you plan your visit with us!
Join the FUN! For TICKETS, click HERE!
Thursday, September 30, Friday, October 1st and Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 at Cottonwood Flats in Guthrie, Oklahoma! We’ve missed you and can’t wait to see you!
Oklahoma’s International Bluegrass Festival is held the first full weekend of October every year. To see how it all started visit “About“.
Do I have to be vaccinated against Covid-19 or wear a mask to come to the festival? Click IMPORTANT OIBF COVID-19 STATEMENT for vaccination, mask and other Covid-19 information.
Need a place to stay? Check out some of the local lodging.
Prefer Camping? Here’s some festival campground info.
Would you like to see some PHOTOS of previous OIBF festivals?
Would you like information on the OIBF Endowment Fund?
Would YOU like to design this year’s OIBF Poster? See how here.
How do I get there & is there a charge for day parking?
- Driving Directions
- Day Parking is free and volunteers will direct you to parking. No day parking in campground, which is for those who have paid to camp.
- For Day parking entrance turn North off Hwy 33/Noble Ave. on 8th Street (the FIRST right turn after you go over the overpass. Look for the white “Campground Entrance” banner on the RIGHT. Then turn RIGHT at the first corner to park and get to the entrance to the event.) This change is due to the construction & widening of the road on the railroad overpass. For turn by turn directions click “driving directions” above.
- If you have already purchased your tickets please take them to the ticket booth at the front entrance across from the parking area where they will be exchanged for a wristband.
- If you need to purchase a ticket please visit our ticket booth where you may pay with Cash, MC or VISA, or a check (made out to OIBF). You will receive a wristband and the volunteers at the gate will help you put it on. For your convenience you can also purchase your tickets online and bring them with you.
- WRISTBANDS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES AT THE FESTIVAL. Be careful not to lose your wristband as we cannot replace it.
If I leave, can I come back in again?
- Yes, as long as you have a wristband for that day you may leave and re-enter. Just show your wristband at the front entrance.
- Examples: You purchased a one-day ticket for Thursday and on Thursday you leave for a while and come back later in that day – you may re-enter.
- However, you may NOT re-enter with your Thursday wristband on Friday. You must have a ticket for Friday. 3-day tickets are good for the whole event.
What kind of WEATHER can I expect? Click here for local weather report.
- This is an outdoor festival and the weather in September/October can be changeable. The festival goes on, rain or shine. Occasionally we’ve had to take a pause while a shower passes through and then resume the performances. But, on the occasions when that has happened, we’ve ended up with jamming in the merchandise tent. Bluegrassers are hardy and inventive folks!
- Be prepared for hot or cold. It’s a good idea to have sunscreen and a hat available for daytime and a jacket for the evening. Check the weather beforehand. We always hope for clear weather but we’ve had rain so be prepared. Experienced festival goers have been seen heading for their cars as it cools down to bring their jackets and blankets in to get comfortable for the evening show.
- Will I be bugged? We have the property sprayed a week before the event to cut down on insect issues, but feel free to bring some insect repellent to spray yourself and your kids if you have a concern. Please be courteous of those around you when you apply your spray.
Is there a LOST & FOUND in case I loose something at the festival? Check the Ticket Trailer at the main entrance or, if you may have lost something at the Campground ask at the Campground Security Trailer.
What should I bring?
- You should bring your own face mask (due to covid-19), but if you forget we will have FREE masks available at all entrances.
- You are encouraged to bring your own lawn chairs or a blanket for seating.
- We practice “festival seating” which means if there is an empty chair you may use it until the owner returns. When the owner returns please graciously let them have their seat and find another seat.
- Sunscreen & hats for daytime; jackets and/or blankets for evenings; insect repellent if you worry about bites (we do have the property sprayed a week in advance).
What CAN’T I bring into the festival? (see campground info for specifics in the campground)
- No Pets (of course, service animals are permitted).
- No Drugs. No Smoking or Vaping allowed in festival area.
- NO outside food or beverages are allowed EXCEPT sealed bottled water may be brought into the festival. Alcohol is not sold on the premises.
Are food and beverages available at the festival?
- Yes, we have multiple food vendors with food, coffee, soft drinks, water available. Please support our vendors as this helps support the festival. Here is a list of some of the types of food available: BBQ (brisket, pulled pork, ribs); Mexican food; steak or chicken Philly Cheesesteak; Indian Tacos; Burgers, corn dogs, quesadillas & other “fair” type foods; plus fresh lemonade and shaved ice and more.
- All food vendors will be open for Lunch & Dinner.
- Alcohol is not sold on the premises.
Can I get a souvenir of the festival?
- Yes indeed! We have festival t-shirts, hats and lots of other “wearables” available in the merchandise tent.
- Artists will sell their CD’s, videos, etc. at a designated area inside the merchandise tent after each performance. Stop by and say hello to the artists and take home some of their music!
- We have several musical instrument vendors in the merchandise tent, in case you’re looking for a nice guitar, mandolin, fiddle or other acoustic instrument.
- We have an Auction on Saturday at 5:00 pm where you can bid on some great instruments and other special items. All funds raised at the auction go towards providing youth Scholarships for music lessons, music camps, and music workshops – one of the main missions of OIBF. The OIBF Scholarship Fund has provided youth scholarships for fiddle, guitar, mandolin, dobro and bass for almost 20 years.
I have a little trouble walking / I have a wheelchair, can I get around at the festival?
- The festival area is outdoors, but is not too large and surfaces are gravel (the entry road) and grass. As with most outdoor areas, the ground can be uneven so use caution. We have many attendees with canes and wheelchairs (both electric or manual) who have come for years. There are wheelchair accessible portable toilets available.
- Rain – if we get a LOT of rain the area can get pretty soft so use caution.
I’m not camping. Can I get in the campground to jam with my friends who are camping?
- Yes, you may walk into the campground from the audience area as long as you have a wristband for that day, or a 3-day wristband which is good for the entire festival. Parking is free in the day parking area near the main entrance and you may leave your vehicle there while you visit the campground. If you’d like to know more about camping at OIBF, visit our camping information page.
Who are all those people wearing “Crew” t-shirts?
- The OIBF “Crew” is made up of our wonderful Volunteers. Without these great people volunteering to help set up, tear down, sell tickets, clean up before and after the festival, mow the property, put up decorations and tents, man the merchandise sales area, provide security, help our visitors and so much more Oklahoma’s International Bluegrass Festival would not be possible!
- Between 1997 and 2015 over 8600 volunteers have contributed more than 663,000 HOURS of their time and energy to make this festival a great time for everyone.
- So, if you see someone in a Crew T-shirt please take a moment to thank them for their time and effort.
Here are a few links about dining, shopping and events in Guthrie:
- Guthrie Tourism managed by the City of Guthrie lists lodging, events, dining and more!
- Dining in Guthrie
Did you attend the 2019 festival? Please take our quick SURVEY!
After browsing through our website do you still have a question? Please visit our CONTACT page.