An applicant must be between the ages of 10 – 19. An Applicant must play a traditional acoustic instrument: such as acoustic guitar, fiddle, mandolin, bass, resophonic guitar or banjo. A music teacher or a performing adult artist must sponsor an applicant by sending a letter of recommendation. The applicant must send a detailed letter of support to the Scholarship Chair by the deadline date. Previous scholarship winners who continue to meet the eligibility requirements must reapply each year.
Applications must be received by 04/01 every year. An incomplete application (an application lacking sponsorship, letters of recommendation, or personal letter) is considered “flawed” and will be disqualified. You may request scholarship forms from the Internet web site or by sending an e-mail message. You may also request an application in writing to OIBF, P. O. Box 1585, Guthrie, Ok. 73044, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope.
An applicant should include with their application:
1. DVD VIDEO NOT LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES;
2. The music style you are demonstrating on the video must be either of the following styles; bluegrass, western swing, country, old-time or folk.
3. List any performances you have been in and any awards you have won.
4. Application must include what you need the scholarship funds to go for: i.e. a private music school, lessons from a professional, a music camp or workshop.
5. Application must be completed with the information as to the name of the school applicant will be attending, dates of school/workshop, school/workshop contact and amount of school/workshop, etc.
6. Proof of age is required.
OIBF is a non profit 501 (C)(3) organization dedicated to recognizing and supporting the educational and career goals of America’s next generation of performing artists. The OIBF scholarship Fund is one of the public service functions of the OIBF. Funds are disbursed in the name of the school/workshop/camp only.
Interested in applying for a Scholarship?
For the Terms and Conditions for our Scholarship program click here
To download a Scholarship application ( you may have to right click and save target) click here
If you would like more information please call Jim Garling at 405-306-4182.
For information on donating to our Scholarship Fund